Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Review: The Secret to Happiness (Children's Book)



The Secret to Happiness by Suzy Liebermann is a children's book about Hugo, a small starfish.  He's sad and disinterested in his life and goes looking for something that makes him happy.  After a few attempts at fleeting happiness, Hugo discovers with the help of a friend that the secret to true, lasting happiness is to share with others without expecting anything in return.

I think in today's society, this is not something embraced by our children.  Our children are spoiled and expect something in return.  We are trying to teach Gabby to be responsible and respectful and have to bribe her with the promise of  a pet.  For her, it keeps her on track and gives her a goal.  I think this book has an important message that is gently taught with a sweet story and cute pictures.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment