Thursday, September 12, 2013

26

Today I turned 26.  This has to be, by far, the worst birthday yet.  I was awakened at 5 am to my sister panicking that Mom is sick and trouble her teenage son got himself in to.  The selfish part of me was pissed that she work me up that early and didn't even wish me a happy birthday.  It was my day to be greedy and shitty and I didn't get it.  I'm sad.  That's just how it is.  And, I'll probably be sad until we get some answers which should happen within the next two weeks.  I just want to be selfish and I can't.  Other people have needs and wants and those should be prioritized over my selfish ones.

So, to answer the people that asked what I was doing for my special day, I got up and got kids ready and delivered to their appropriate places.  I was went to work, worked an 8 hour day and then rushed to pick up said children, deliver them at home and then went to Parent Orientation at Gabby's school.  I came home to dinner, homework and bedtime.  It was nothing special.  It was Thursday.

If the last 24 hours are any indication of how 26 is going to treat me, I'm going in to hibernation for the next year.  I'll see you in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment