Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Review: It's Good to be Me! (Children's Book)



The key word in Suzy Liebermann's It's Good to be Me! featuring Hugo the Happy Starfish is appreciation.  Hugo finds himself to be unhappy with himself and focuses solely on his looks in this underwater children's book.  The Magic Manta offers 6 wishes to his friend in an attempt to make him happier.  Hugo changes his eyes, ears, mouth, nose, and grows larger but when he looks in the mirror, he's more disappointed with himself than he was before.  He uses his last wish to turn himself back to himself.

You can purchase your copy of this book here.  This is by far my favorite of Suzy Liebermann's books.  I think this is probably the most important message that she sends: you're beautiful the way you are.  My little one certainly struggles with image issues which is horrifying to me given that she's eight.  We read this book and discussed the importance of appreciating what you have.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment