Wednesday, September 11, 2013

My Mom Has Cancer

My mom is sick.  My mom has cancer.  There.  I said it.  Never have two sentences been harder to type.  My mom is a brave woman and a hell of a fighter.  She has battled stage 3C primary ovarian, secondary peritoneal ve for the last 5 years.  She's a survivor.  3 years ago she was told she had 6 months to live.  She beat those odds and gave cancer the big fuck you.  She's damn lucky.  Honestly, she is.

She fought a terrible battle, had numerous surgeries, saw nameless nurses and tons of doctors.  Her hospital stays were long and many.  It was a terribly trying battle.  But she persisted and she fought for answers.  And she won!

And then today, she found out it's back or it's spread and my whole world came crashing down.  My mom is my rock and my friend and I can't see her be put through this again.  She fought so hard for what she has that it's so hard to see her taken back a step.  But, she'll do what she does and she'll back so hard and she'll win. She has to.  We need her.

So, now, she has cancer in her kidney.  She'll meet with a urologist and then they will operate.  Part or all of her kidney will be removed.  I don't know if that means dialysis.  I don't know if she'll need further treatment.  I don't know and that terrifies me so much.

I need her.  We need her.  This little one needs her.


Yes, those are her hands holding my little itty bitty throwback baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment