Monday, March 11, 2013

The Influenster Sweetheart VoxBox 2013



I joined Influenster a couple of months ago after reading about it on someone else's blog.  To be honest and horrible, I don't remember whose it was.  I read on Influenster's Facebook page all the people bemoaning about how they never get boxes and everyone else gets picked.  Ironically, many of these posts were full of grammatical errors.  I know that I, for one, wouldn't want someone who can't spell to promote my brand.  Back on topic, I signed up, filled out some surveys, jumped through some hoops, linked up my social media accounts and BAM! I got an email telling me I was one of the chosen few.  Angels were singing and bells were ringing!  Mama likes free stuff.

I anxiously waited while scoping out their Facebook page only to see preview tease pictures of stacks of boxes knowing that one of those boxes was mine!  At last, the big day arrived (a Saturday) and the above box was found sticking out my mailbox.  I ripped that bad boy open!  Sorry, Influenster, no opening the box video for you-- the anticipation was too high.  And here are my thoughts on the contents:

Olay Fresh Effects Va-Va-Vivid: Love it!  I use this every day.  The little scrubber is noisy but I keep it in the shower and scrub my face until it is shine free.  I've noticed a definite difference: pores are smaller, shine is gone, and my face isn't dried out.  I love this product and will most likely buy it when I run out even though I think it was rather overpriced.  

Secret Clinical Strength Stress Response: Works great and keeps me smelling fresh.  Somehow, it also survives when I'm stressing during Jack's recent teething nightmare and while I'm sweating like a mad woman during Zumba.  Again, definitely a keeper if the price wasn't so high.  I hate paying so much money for good products but I guess you get what you pay for.

Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Sea Salt and Kelp Spray: Not a believer.  I have naturally curly hair and all this did was make the frizz worse.  I've tried it on both dry and wet hair.  On wet hair, it's a complete disaster!  I was a total frizz ball all day.  When I sprayed it on day 2 dry hair, it smelled pretty but did nothing but emphasize the frizz.  I sprayed it on Gabby's braided waves this morning so we'll see how that turns out but I don't think it's worth paying for just to smell like coconut.

Skinny Girl on the Go Bars: I got the blueberry/Greek yogurt bar in my box and it was delicious.  I loved it!  I kept it in my purse until I had a day where I really needed a snack and I enjoyed it in the middle of the afternoon.  It was great and kept me satisfied until dinner.

Overall, I love the Influenster method and will remain a member.  I will continue to fill out surveys and jump through hoops in the hope of more free products.  It's worth it and take very little of my time.


Disclaimer: I was not compensated for my review and received all products free of charge from Influenster.

No comments:

Post a Comment