Monday, February 11, 2013

Wonderful Weekend

As with most weekends, we were very busy.  I think a good time was had by all.  I even heard from Gabby on both Saturday and Sunday that this was "the best day ever!"  High praise from a seven year old.

Friday night wasn't overly eventful.  An appointment we had was cancelled  so we decided to go out to dinner at Smashburger. Quite honestly, I don't like their food.  I don't see the point of smashing a burger (or chicken!) and then piling it high with toppings.  By the time you're done, you can't even taste the meat.  What's the point?  Any way, the kids were great.  Jack got to eat a sweet potato fry or two (don't hate!) and Gabby ate everything in sight.

Saturday morning started as all of them do lately, up at the crack of dawn with Jack and then off to Zumba for an hour at 7:30.  Boy do I sweat but it feels so good!  Our teacher added 4 new dances this week and I was just getting used to the originals.  Then, we headed off to Ikea for amazing cheap breakfast-- a plate of eggs, potatoes and bacon with coffee for $0.99?  Yes, please!  We feed the whole family for less than $10.  Even Jack loves Ikea breakfast.  Before leaving, he had had pumpkin and apple puree and half of a graham cracker.  Then, when we got there, he ate scrambled eggs and almost 2 whole french toast sticks.  He is going to eat me out of house and home!  After breakfast, Felipe and Gabby head off to roller skating lessons.  Aunt Kelly bought her skates for Christmas and she really seems to enjoy them.  Jack and I took a glorious 2 hour nap.  After all the busy Saturday morning stuff, we took the kids sledding.  Yes, this was Jack's first time.  I think he kind of liked it.  Or, maybe, he just liked driving daddy's car later.  No need to call CPS, we were parked and the keys weren't even in the ignition.  Saturday night was quiet with a free Redbox rental and Little Ceasar's pizza.  As Gabby said, "best day ever!"

Sunday morning was rushed as we hurried to get everyone fed, dressed and off to Church.  Gabby goes to Religious Ed while we go to Mass in preparation for her First Communion in May.  She's getting so excited and I'm so proud of her for all the things she is learning.  After Mass, we rushed to do laundry and clean up the house because my in-laws were throwing a last minute birthday party for one of the kids.  So, the rest of Sunday was spent at their house until it was time to take the little ones home and get them to bed.

All in all, I love busy weekends but being able to curl up on the couch and read a book would be nice too!  I don't think it's in my future given that I have two active kids but a Mama can dream!  Today is back to the grind and the busyness that a week holds: daddy's fitness class, daddy/daughter date night, gymnastics, homework, and going to work for the grownups.  It's so hard to find time to enjoy the little moments that make my kids so happy but I think we need to spend more time enjoying them and the insanity that they bring because one day, they'll move out and our house will be quiet.  Then what?

No comments:

Post a Comment