Monday, February 25, 2013

Global Green USA Green School Makeover Competition Presented by Pureology

Via


In case you don't actually know me, my kids are important to me.  Everything I do every day is about them (or Felipe, of course!).  I get up, get them ready, drop them in their respective places, go to work so that they can continue in the lifestyle they have become accustomed to, pick them up, feed them dinner and put them to bed.  After the little darlings are in bed, I clean their messes, pack lunches and mentally prepare myself to start all over again the next day.  And, I do this by choice.  I'm a mom-- that's how I roll.  The food they eat, the clothes on their backs, the places they go, these things matter to me.  Also important is where they spend their day.  I cannot afford to home school them in my 100% green home (until someone pays for that!) and so, I work all day in corporate America while my daughter goes to public school and my son goes to daycare.  

Lately, everyone is jumping on the green bandwagon and I sincerely hope that my daughter's school continues on that same road.  I have noticed that they have already made strides to teach my children environmental responsibility in the example they set.  There are recycling bins in every classroom, they make copies using both sides of the paper, and last year, they have been taken to a local farm to plant seeds and learn about how things grow.  

I want my children to see that sustainability is a way of life.  Seeing changes in the places they spend the most time is the best way to show them.  Pureology wants to help schools improve student performance, invest more money in their students and reduce carbon foot prints as part of their Green School Makeover Competition, with information found here.  What's not to love right?

Thank you, Influenster for introducing me to this opportunity!

Disclaimer: I was not compensated for this post and all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment