Friday, February 7, 2014

What I'm Loving

These are in no way in any order of importance, nor are they sponsored shout outs.  It's a simple Mama sharing time of what goes on in my head and what is making me smile (or cringe!) this week.

Sochi: More specifically, I'm loving the Twitter handle Sochi Problems! Growing up, I always dreamed of being an Olympic figure skater.  What girl didn't?  It wasn't a serious aspiration but a dream nonetheless.  The Olympics were beautiful and featured fame, talent, sparkly costumes and were something awe inspiring.  I have enjoyed the summer Olympic games in the past.  However, the Sochi games are making a mockery of a beloved event.  They had notice and they (should have) had oversight by the IOC.  I haven't decided if I will watch.  I'm a little disgusted, but I do love the Hunger Olympic Games!

ShopKick: I like an app that will pay me in Starbucks latte's to walk (somewhat) aimlessly around stores and pick up items.  Ok, it's a little more complicated than that but you get the gist.  1250 is a lot of points to get a $5 Starbucks card, but they add up fast and honestly, it's a free latte you pay for with your time.  I spend my lunch break at work once or twice each week scanning bar codes in Target, Walmart and other retailers for the elusive gift card reward.

Toddler Milestones: Jack told me, "wuv you, Mama" for the very first time last night.  He could have ripped my heart out right there.  We were having our quiet Mama/Jack time before bed-- he was in his crib and I was on the hardwood floor right next to him.  He likes to talk for about a half hour and given that we are apart all day and don't have an opportunity for one-on-one time, I'll take it.  He chats and sings or sometimes we just hold hands.  I savor these moments.

Enjoy your weekend, cyber space.  We are anticipating more snow (thank you, Mother Nature!) and Gabby will be away this weekend so we may take Jack on his first ever train ride to the Choo Choo restaurant.  Can you guess what he's loving lately?

1 comment: