Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Don't Wake the Sleeping Baby

I never imagined that I'd have a baby that refused to sleep.  When I was pregnant, I had these visions in my head of a beautiful baby boy all snuggled up in his crib sleeping sweetly while I looked on from his doorway. Fast forward to now, I have an almost 9 month old who refuses to sleep.  Granted last night was bad but this is how it went:

8:00p - Complete meltdown leading to bath, pj's and a story
8:30p - Tylenol (he's teething and I was hoping for a good night's sleep), bottle and bed
9:30p - Fussing baby who was put back to sleep when his mobile was turned back on and I patted his butt
11:00p - Screaming baby. Daddy was sent in with a bottle.
1:30a - Screaming baby.  Mama went in, changed his diaper (made him scream louder), nursed him and put him back to bed
4:00a - Same story as above.
5:30a - Screaming baby. Mama went in and did everything except change the diaper (it was dry!).
6:15a - Screaming baby who is wide awake and ready to start his day.

All would be well, but I work full time.  I can't handle this up all night non-sense when there is no particular reason to be up.  He won't take a pacifier but they're in his crib on the off chance that he decided a pacifier will do.  He has stuffed animals in his crib because no one likes to sleep alone.  He has his blanket which he always sleeps in and buries his face in to.  He has a space heater that has a thermostat to keep his room a nice 69 degrees.  He has everything he could possibly need and yet he wants to be rocked all night long.  I can't do it.  Amazingly though, if he isn't asleep after one of the times I nurse him, all I have to do is turn on the mobile and put him in his crib and he goes back to sleep.  When he wakes himself up and is screaming, the mobile isn't good enough though.  He makes me crazy.  And very, very tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment